Project 7…5…1!

by kmunnis | March 15th, 2012

5 Responses to “Project 7…5…1!”

1. Joann says:

Kiauna, the first grouping that I looked at was the 1 photo narrative. Just going by that one, I immediately thought that the story you were going to try to convey in the other two groups was going to be something about the happiness of the bag. This is simply because the face on it gives it that character.

Upon further investigating your other two narrative groups, I realized that you were attempting to create the narrative of going through an entire day, from start to finish, and showing all the places you see and things you do.

I really like the concept and the way that you photographed the images! My only critique is that maybe these would have been stronger if the bag did not have a recognizable face as a focus (even though I realize that you use that bag like everyday and that it’s a personal item, making the photos more about your own individual, personal day), but to a viewer who would not know you, the face might be distracting.

That is all!

2. Wick says:

Hey, Kiauna! This is Amanda.

I like kmcspadd’s suggestion about using spot coloring would be really neat! I’m not sure whether it’s something you’d want to pursue, but I think it might be something to continue; it would allow you to improve the interconnectedness of your photos without having to re-stage anything, which can be more time-consuming.

Your bag is very recognizable and I think it works to your advantage. Not only does it have a logo on it, but the color’s very striking too–I think spot coloring would help emphasize this uniqueness even further.

I like your sequences a lot! Thank you very much for sharing!

3. Nikki Dacales says:

I like the idea that you had the story about the bags travels throughout your day. I totally understand the story and knew what it was about. I really love the picture of the bag under the desk just poking out a bit.

4. kmcspadd says:

I like your use of a bright bag in all your photographs. I see this narrative as “where my bag goes with me” this is evident in your 7 photo narrative for sure but gets a little lost in your single photo narrative. You were very creative in your staging and positioning of your bag in each photograph. It might have been nice if you made all of the photos more connected by using the spot color method to make the backgrounds more muted ad allow the bad to stand out more.

5. jhillman says:

The journey of your bag through the day! I love each place, but my favorite photo is of the bag sitting the chair outside. I love the lighting in this shot. This is a very iconic bag for you (I see you with it every class), and it very much makes your photos very personal (which I like.)

Archive

March 2012
S M T W T F S
« Feb   Apr »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Artists

Classmates

Things I Like

Useful Links

Tags